Friday, January 15, 2010

Oh, my, pardon me..

Besides the near constant state of mild queasiness, my number one pregnancy complaint is... GAS! Let's be honest. People tell you ahead of time how you may puke morning, noon, and night, but they never tell you you might poot morning, noon, and night. Or worse.. wish you could poot morning, noon, and night. We're talking the kind of gas that wells up and makes you wish you could just release a valve.. just one giant pffffffffffffffffffft. The kind that makes me wish I would just go out and buy a giant box of gas-ex.

Really, my gas has gotten much better. (Did you really want to know this much about me? But I say, why not?? Why must we keep our bodily functions so secret?.. and this is one secret that is hard to keep anyway.) Right at my 5th week, in the evenings, the gas hit and was so intense that it was hard to walk upright. The only things that really helped was a good tub, or a cup of hot lemon water. The tub relieved the pressure when in the tub, and the hot lemon water relieved the gas while I was drinking it.. but neither method lasted. I just had to go to bed bloated, and I'd generally wake up fine, just for it to hit again the next night. This continued until my 6th week, and has been much better since. But once a week maybe.. here it comes again. I haven't been able to trace it to a particular food, and I'm not.. uh-hem.. backed up.. so I'm not real sure what is the cause. Hopefully.. this, like the other ailments will come to an end with the end of the first trimester; which I'm 10 weeks.. so a few more weeks to go!

Has anyone found a good natural relief for kick-you-in-the-tummy-wish-i-could-pop-myself-gas??

1 comment:

  1. I offer no remedy for gas, but I had the same issues with my little espresso (Ethan).

    ReplyDelete