Friday, January 22, 2010

Appointment Tonight!

I've been at a conference this week, which is why I have neglected my blog. I know you were all itching for a new recipe. :)

The conference was fine, I felt well most of the time except during our banquet when I had horrible tummy pains (yes, the gas) and had to excuse myself halfway through. But anyway, am doing well today, and I'm hopefully on the upside! I'm 11 weeks and I have my first appointment this evening!! I'm sooooo excited! I'm ready to get the ball rolling and I just really want someone else to say "Yep, you're pregnant." I hope we get to hear the heartbeat today too! So I'll let everyone know what a first appointment with a midwife is like. I did my blood work last week at a lab here in town, and Mary Anne (my midwife) told me yesterday when she called to confirm that everything "looked good" with that, so hopefully she'll go over the results today, since I don't even know what blood type I am.

I don't have anything weird going on. I'm not an emotional basketcase, I'm not really all that exhausted, and I don't have strange symptoms like tasting metal in my mouth. In fact, if I didn't have the dry nausea, the occasional horrible gas, or these awesome boobs, I wouldn't know that I was even pregnant. I think thats a good thing, because I'm hoping that once I hit my second trimester I will be feeling great!

So, I will post about my first appointment this weekend. And I will briefly brag about how awesome it is to have a midwife. I have to drive to Tennessee because Alabama is stupid and CPM's are not recognized in the state, but because we have to drive about an hour and a half, my appointments are on my schedule. So we have appointments at 6pm so we can work a full day and then get to Franklin, TN. Also, my first appointment will be anywhere from an hour to two hours depending on how much I want to talk, with all other appointments lasting at least an hour. I LOVE that I will have such a personal and intimate relationship by the time of the birth. I just think that beats the doctor's office no contest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment