Monday, January 25, 2010

My First Appointment!

So I was lazy and didn't post about my first appointment this weekend. I didn't get on the computer at all, actually. But I am no less excited to talk about my appointment; it was awesome!

We heard the heartbeat!! Towards the end of my appointment we wanted to try to listen for the little pitter patter. Mary Anne said that it might take a minute to find, and told me we would probably hear me first. She set the monitor on my belly, turned it on and there it was! The very first thing we heard! It was strong and still woosh woosh woosh, which she said it good at 11 weeks. I got so excited I giggled which moved the monitor off and then it did take her a minute to find it again. It was a really rewarding and precious moment.

The rest of my appointment, we talked a lot, and she asked me everything about my medical history, myself, and how I'm doing. My blood work was good, and she said I had some of the highest hemoglobin count she's seen for a vegetarian.. go me!!

ALSO! GAS UPDATE: I learned natural remedies for my gas! Very VERY exciting. She said that I could prevent gas by eating papaya. By which I responded with "Where am I going to get papaya in January??" But she was more talking about papaya tablets. There are tablets that capture papaya's natural digestive enzymes that will help to keep things moving as my digestive track gets more and more smooshed as the baby grows. This also helps to avoid trapped gas. But if I do get gas, she told me to get down on the floor and basically put your face and knees on the floor, with your butt way up in the air. This gets the gas to travel, then to sit on the potty and usually it will expell. She gave me some tablets while I was there, and I've felt great since!

I really had a good time, and my next appointment is Feb 20 - which yes - is a SATURDAY! So that helps even more with having to drive to Nashville.

No comments:

Post a Comment