Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tasty Tuesday - Asian Inspired Bowl

This is one recipe that I actually made up myself. I'll admit its not heavy on protein. I also thought last night that I should really add a sea veggie to it. Wakame would be nice. I couldn't take a picture because Patrick is in Colorado with the camera, so just use your imagination!

Asian Inspired Bowl
This is super easy to construct, especially if you have cooked rice already, that is the only cooking involved. I usually make single servings of this. You probably don't want to make a big batch in a big bowl because the avocado will get weird by the next day. I just make another single serving for lunch the next day.
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 apple, diced
1 avocado, diced
Sesame Oil
Rice Wine Vinegar
Pine Nuts

Cook rice accordingly. I always cook my rice with 1/2 water and 1/2 veggie broth for flavor.
In a small bowl, dish out your rice (~1/2 cup per serving). Drizzle with a bit of sesame oil and rice wine vinegar. Stir. Dice on top 1/2 apple and 1/4 an avocado. Top with a sprinkling of pine nuts.

That's it! Its crunchy, buttery, smooth, sweet, and smoky. I think its great! Give it a shot!

Avocados have been shown to have a benefit on cholesterol levels, particularly decreasing LDL and triglycerides. A Japanese study showed they have an antibacterial component. They are great for your skin and hair. Better if eaten than applied externally.

They have also been shown to regulate hormones in both men and women. They are even shaped like a uterus, and the Aztec word for avocado, ahuacatl, means "testicle"!

No comments:

Post a Comment