Monday, July 26, 2010

37 Weeks


I am technically full term!

Although, I have a feeling we have several more weeks before we get to meet our baby. We were SURE the baby had dropped last week. I had tons of room up top, and my chiropractor said she couldn't feel the head at all. She was sure the baby had dropped too, and got me all excited. Well, at my prenatal on Friday, the baby was all the way up in my ribs. So high that the midwife assistant says "Geez! This baby is so high!" I was like "huh?" because last I heard the baby was "so low"! I asked if they can scoot up and down, but they thought it was more likely the baby was on the move and might have been posterior when the chiropractor felt around. I'm not so convinced.. I swear the baby was low!

Everything looks good. I am measuring about three weeks behind, so we think we'll have a small baby. Mary Anne says that is perfectly fine because I'm not that large myself. Plus, those measurements have a +/- 2 cm curve. I can feel a small baby though. He/She feels so very bony. The other day I could even feel tiny shoulders!

I am having lots of Braxton-Hicks. I've had them for weeks, but I suppose they are getting stronger and I have them more often. I don't have anything to compare them to, but they feel quite strong, to me. I'm excited about that, because I think that means they are efficient and doing their job!

My hip and pelvic pain has actually gotten quite a bit better. I have almost completely stopped exercising. (Which, I do not condone, btw!) The Friday before last I slipped in the gym bathroom after I got out of the pool and I aggravated my hurt pelvis so much that I felt like I had been injured the next day. Like literally hit by a car. I didn't exercise again until last Thursday, which was almost two weeks later. I went swimming, and even that hurt. But since Friday, my pelvis has felt better than it has in months. So, I'm just going to take it easy.

Other than that, I was sleeping ok, until just recently. I'm waking up around 4am and not being able to go back to sleep. That's the worst. Probably worse than pelvic pain because no sleep makes you feel yucky EVERYWHERE!

At any rate, we are preparing for the arrival of our new one. Which involved steam cleaning the carpets (twice), stocking the pantry, and organizing everything we'll need at home and to take to the birth. I think we'll be ready! (As long as its not tonight.. I don't think we're that ready!)

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!! I've been wondering where you got yourself off to. My mom's been asking about you too. You look so pretty!!!! I can't wait to see mini-Buckley! :D

    ReplyDelete