Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Bun and the Sea


We went on our much needed babymoon this past weekend. Patrick planned the whole thing, I had only told him "I don't care where we go, as long as its to the beach!" We went to Seagrove Beach in Santa Rosa, FL. It was absolutely lovely. On the shore between Destin and Panama City, it was much less touristy than either of those locations. No giant hotels, no chains, just beach life. Lots of adorable million dollar beach houses and condos. We stayed in a condo right on the water.

We left on Thursday and came back Sunday, so it was a way-too-quick trip. I would have loved to have spent a whole week. We got two full days on the beach (except for having to retreat inside from the hour long deluge on the second day). Patrick managed to get a little burned, but I hid tucked under the umbrella most of the time. I had a great prenatal massage on Friday, and I certainly didn't want to be burned for that.

We keep saying we need to move to Santa Rosa because I slept better there than I have anywhere in weeks. I was able to go straight(ish) to sleep and go back to sleep after nighttime bathroom trips, which I have a very hard time doing at home. Fresh air and plenty of activity definitely does the body good. So does the ocean. I say the ocean will cure anything that ails you.

Both of our beach days were red flag days, which I found out the hard way really kills my hips. Fighting currents and waves are not so great for the pelvic area, so I was really sore most of the time. I didn't go in the water much after that.

I have a very hard time coming home from vacations. I get quite a bit bummed and pretty moody. This vacation was no exception. But, this time I have so much to look forward to coming home for. I felt like our babymoon was the marker to the final countdown. So now, it is getting so close to birthing and parenthood, there's nothing else on the calendar!

1 comment:

  1. C, you're possibly the prettiest, cutest, most jealousy-inducing pregnant chic I've ever seen...quite possibly. ;) Looks like you had fun! I was wondering where you got to!

    ReplyDelete