Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Last week of leave


Mary Abilene is 5 1/2 weeks old! This is also the last week of my maternity leave. I am going to be working from home, so we are trying to figure out how to care for a baby and work 8 hours a day. I've been pretend working a little this week to see how much time I will have in between caring for Mary Abilene. It seems pretty challenging. She doesn't nap well in her bed during the day, but today I have figured out how to get her to sleep - the Moby Wrap. So as I type I have a child strapped to the front of me, fast asleep. Hey, it works! I can sit at my desk like this!

It is going to be a challenge, basically being a stay-at-home-full-time-employee-mom. I will go in to work 3 days a week for several hours, and MA gets to come with me. We can trade off a little then, and she can sit with Patrick in his office also. I think it will get a little easier when she is a little older and can start to play and entertain herself. Sitting up would also be helpful because then I'd have more places to put her.

I'm going to try to get back into blogging regularly. I know you are dying for a new recipe! :) We haven't cooked but maybe a handful of times since the birth of MA. Our Sunday School class is super awesome and different people have brought us meals every other day. They totally rock! So I haven't even had to think about cooking, so hence, no recipes.

Ok, my baby is waking .. I think its lunch time!

No comments:

Post a Comment