Saturday, April 24, 2010

24 Weeks and Counting


We can't believe how much the baby has grown lately and how obvious it is to us. Not just by belly size, but I can actually feel how much the baby has grown and developed. I feel the baby move all the time now. The movement is also so much higher than it was, I've even started feeling kicks in my ribs. We had our 24 week appointment yesterday and Mary Anne was able to tell what position the baby was in; and I for the first time could even start to feel body parts. She could feel the back and the butt, and I really could too! I was shocked at how high my uterus is now. My uterus measured at exactly 24 cm, and since I have such a short torso, that was all the way up to my ribs! We even poked him (or her) a few times to watch him (or her) squirm.

We registered today! Which turns out to be an all day event. It is also extremely confusing and somewhat overwhelming. I ended up asking a mom in the store "Now why do I need a sheet saver to go over my sheet to go over my waterproof mattress pad to go over my waterproof mattress?" Baby stuff is complicated. And there is SO much of it. I think I need to rent a storage space to be able to house all our baby gear we apparently "need". But it was a ton of fun! I still don't know if I registered for the right stuff. I guess I'll find out soon enough. I also didn't register for a lot of clothing cause I assumed people like to buy that stuff anyway (hint hint!).

I can't believe it is almost May. I met a woman today that said she thought her pregnancy lasted forever. I'm the opposite. I can't believe it is going so fast, and sometimes I feel like I need to hit the brakes! So much change in such a short amount of time. We are absolutely loving it!

3 comments:

  1. You are so cute! I am glad that you are making this a great experience because I believe it affects the baby's feelings. Where are you registered?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elaine! Good to hear from you! We registered at Babies R Us and Target.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with my mom. I think I'm so totally well-adjusted, because she did so well when I was in utero. ;-) Also, I agree with her that you're totally cute. I hope I look that good when/if I ever have kids. I shouldn't have said that...now I'll never hear the end of producing grandchildren... ;-)

    ReplyDelete