Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My Very First Blog

I'm not one for social websites (aside from GoodReads), so I don't have a lot of experience on the social side of the internet. So, posting things for the entire world to see, especially something so intimate as my pregnancy is quite a bit intimidating! But I feel that I have a lot of stuff swimming around in my head that a lot of other people could find beneficial. Nutrition has been a passion of mine for about the past four years, and last year I added a new passion - natural birth! Once I saw The Business of Being Born I was sold and totally hooked! I love meeting people who have had a natural birth and love talking about it with just about anyone willing to talk about it.

I'm not just excited to have a baby. I'm excited to be pregnant! A lot of people seem to view pregnancy and birth as just a means to an end - the only way to get a baby! And even then, a lot of people bypass the birth part. I don't just want a baby, I want the whole thing. I have always wanted to be pregnant ever since I was old enough to think about having a family. And I'm excited for birth! I WANT the experience of birth. I don't think a healthy pregnancy is a medical condition - its a beautiful process the Lord designed! - And I believe His design to be perfect. The more I learn about the cascades of hormones and progressions that a woman (an unmedicated woman) in labor goes through naturally, well, its just amazing to me. I'm aware it won't be a walk in the park. And I'm pretty sure I have no idea what I'm in for.. but I'm excited none the less!

Today, I am .. 33 days pregnant. Which translates to about 6.5 weeks in "practitioners" terms. I've had my share of early pregnancy discomforts.. but I'll save that for another post.

Aside from my reasons for starting a blog, my incredibly social network savvy friend, Laura, is quite excited to be an honorary aunt, and since she's in Manchester, she wanted me to blog about my experiences... so.. To honorary Aunt Laura!!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! You finally blogged!! Now, I'll have to keep my blog up. And, I'm your first follower. I think I may have to Tweet and FB your blog now. Keep writing. People may read and not comment, so write even if it doesn't appear people are looking. You never know... :) -Honorary Aunt Laura

    ReplyDelete